Hi! My name is Mark, thanks so much for stopping by! Here at madlyinlove.org you’ll find my weekly blogs on marriage and conflict resolution, as well as videos and information about our Madly In Love Marriage Conference.
Who This Blog Is For
- Couples considering marriage and want a strong understanding of healthy communication.
- Husbands and wives wanting to renew or deepen their connection with each other.
- Those struggling to connect in their marriage due to poor, unhealthy, or lack of communication.
- Anyone wanting to learn a proven process for handling and resolving all conflict.
- Every parent who desires to teach their children how to interact meaningfully with their peers and future spouse.
What I Blog About
- Conflict Resolution – Specific methods for talking through and resolving conflict so each person feels loved, heard, and respected.
- Communication – Feeling disconnected from your spouse? Want to relate more to you kids? Confused about how to confront a friend or co-worker? You’re in the right place!
- The PLEDGE Process – A practical, 6 step guide for any conflict in any relationship. Don’t miss this!
- Parenting – There are few harder, and more rewarding relationships than those we have with our children. They can also be frustrating and confusing. I write about relating well with your kids and how to intentionally leave a family legacy of love for your future generations.
Occasionally, I also write on other various topics related to building a strong, lasting marriage and family, including matters related to the spiritual aspect of our lives. I know we are all on individual journeys when it comes to knowing God. Some have great interest, others have little to no interest. Wherever you are are, please know you are more than welcome here.
Why I Blog
I know, from my own personal experience as well as from the stories of countless others, that marriage can bring some of the greatest joys and greatest pains in life. No marriage is without it’s challenges and so every marriage faces conflict at some point.
After experiencing difficulty resolving a few conflicts early on in our marriage, and then witnessing several years of counseling in which other couples also didn’t seem to know how to resolve their conflicts productively, I realized something was needed. We needed a roadmap for how to handle (and resolve) conflict in a way that each person felt loved, heard, and respected.
That process (which I call PLEDGE) is largely what this blog is about – as we and other couples follow the PLEDGE process, we learn how to handle and benefit from conflict with every challenge we face.
The great thing? PLEDGE doesn’t just apply to marriage! It can be used to resolve conflict and enrich every conversation within any relationship at home with your kids, at work with your colleagues, between friends, and of course with your significant other.
The Madly In Love Marriage Conference
In spite of the dream to stay madly in love, every couple knows what it is like to feel more mad at times than in love. Very few however, have learned how to communicate well – especially in conflict – in order to grow closer together rather than be pushed apart. At a time when the value of marriage is at an all time low in our nation, the purpose of this conference is to give vision and hope for marriages to thrive for a lifetime.
Specifically, those who attend the Madly In Love Marriage Conference will:
- understand why the experience of love wanes over time and what must be done to gain it back.
- break two myths that cause us to fear conflict so it no longer holds you back from the deeper connection you long for
- receive very practical help and clear simple guidance on resolving conflict and deepening their relationship through conversation that is governed by love.
- be trained to use PLEDGE: a six-step guide to process all conflict, big or small.
- learn essential aspects of love that are necessary to enable their marriage not only to last but to thrive for a lifetime.
- gain vision and learn how to train their children in the conflict resolving process to better prepare them for marriage.
Visit our Conference Page to learn more and watch a promo video!
About My Family
Zerrin and I have been married since 1981 and call Wichita, KS home. Zerrin is a fantastic elementary school teacher, demonstrating super human patience and encouragement for her students each day. She’s amazing! I have a Master’s in Biblical Counseling and have spent the past 25 years counseling couples and families. We are blessed with three adult children: Brittany, Micah, and Taya who make our lives so fun! With our kids now out of the home, Zerrin and I enjoy taking walks, riding a tandem bike together, traveling to visit friends and family, and investing in the lives of other couples as much as we can.
What To Expect
I normally publish two blogs a week, one of them being a bit shorter called “Mark’s Marriage Minute.” To not miss any of my new posts, get them directly to your inbox by joining our community here:
My Most Popular Posts
- Your Ultimate Guide To Conflict
- 47 Seconds To A Better Marriage
- Can Married People Have Friends Of The Opposite Sex?
- 6 Ways To Focus On Your Marriage
- When Your Spouse Says They Don’t Love You Anymore
- 10 Ingredients To Peace With Your Spouse
I love hearing from all of you and will always do my best to respond to every message and comment. Let me know how I can help you!
- Blog comments – I appreciate and enjoy reading each comment made on the site. We’ve had some great conversations and I look forward to more. Sometimes it takes me a couple days, but please know I try to read and/or respond to each comment.
- Email – Have a question? Want to chat? I’d love to hear your story! Email me and let’s talk!
- Facebook – Don’t miss the fun posts and articles we share on Facebook. I read and respond to each comment. LIKE our page and join in the fun!
- Twitter – Tweet, tweet! Follow me @MarkOelze and say hello!
- Coaching – Interested in personalized marriage coaching? Click here for more info.
- The Madly In Love Marriage Conference – Attend (or host) the Madly in Love Marriage Conference! More info here.
I look forward to hearing from you!
This is my personal blog. The opinions I express here do not necessarily represent those of any employer, company, or organization that I am affiliated with. The information I provide is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its use.